The Occult Library endeavors to act ethically with the collection of any and all information gathered from users of our service. We promise that we will never sell, rent, or share your personally identifiable information (such as your email address) with any unauthorized third party.
How we gather information from users
- Information is gathered when you browse our website, as it is when you browse most websites on the Internet.
- We may gather personally identifiable information about you when you sign up as an author or user of this website.
- We gather statistical information about your visit to our site. This information is generally aggregated to provide statistics on popular pages, keywords used to reach the site, etc.
- Information is gathered in the following ways:
- Raw access logs are kept on our web server. This allows us to monitor errors such as “404 – Page Not Found” as well as gather a variety of statistical information
- Third-party tracking for analytics such as Google Analytics, Quantcast, and WordPress Stats plugin.
- Tracking cookies may be used via the aforementioned services to track return visits.
- Additional third-party tracking cookies may be used by advertising networks we use.
- Authentication cookies are used by WordPress to allow sign-in by authors and users. This may store your username and other identifiable material. Without the use of such cookies your access cannot be authorized and you may be denied access to parts of the website.
What we do with the information we collect
- Information gathered is primarily used for statistical analysis of our website, such as popular articles, popular search terms, and incoming links.
- Information gathered may be used by our third-party advertising networks to provide relevant or “targeted” advertising to you.
- Information gathered may be aggregated by our third-party web analytics networks to provide statistical information about usage of our services (the Occult Library), and to provide comparison with usage patterns of similar websites.
Changes to this Policy